Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed Indows on my new MacBook Pro, but now I cannot open Mac. Help information says I should click bootcamp icon in Windows tray, but it isn't there. I tried to reinstall bootcamp in Windows, but it keeps freezing up on "Status: Realtek Audio"

I installed Windows on my new MacBook Pro, but now I cannot open Mac. Help information says I should click bootcamp icon in Windows tray, but it isn't there. I tried to reinstall bootcamp in Windows, but it keeps freezing up on "Status: Realtek Audio" during installation, and I have to abort. Help! I am afraid my Mac is gone forever! Claire

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:52 AM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:58 AM in response to clairefromchapel hill

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

That's a pretty common issue while installing Boot Camp drivers on Windows (I had the same issue). There are some threads with the solution in this forum, but Apple's official solution is in the link above.

Then, in order to boot up in OS X you just have to follow the steps you already know. Another way is to hold down the Alt key while your Mac is starting up and choose your OS X partition, so OS X will start up.

I installed Indows on my new MacBook Pro, but now I cannot open Mac. Help information says I should click bootcamp icon in Windows tray, but it isn't there. I tried to reinstall bootcamp in Windows, but it keeps freezing up on "Status: Realtek Audio"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.