Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 is frozen "verifying update" 9.2.1

installed update 9.2.1 update on iphone 6. it now has been frozen "verifying update" for almost 24 hours. unable to even turn phone off to reboot. wifi connection is fine. not sure what to do because this is clearly too long for an update.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:22 AM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 2:34 PM in response to ktrixi427

Hello ktrixi427,

I understand that your iPhone appears to have gotten stuck on the 'Verifying Update' portion of the update to iOS 9.2.1. If you're able to see a progress bar on your iPhone, then see the next article linked below for further information.

Apple logo with progress bar after updating or restoring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203435

However, if you don't see the progress bar, the next linked article details a number of steps that can help complete the update and restore functionality to your iPhone.

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Cheers!

Feb 14, 2016 3:57 PM in response to ktrixi427

I Would try a forced restart first. That is one of the steps recommended in the first kb article that Allan A posted in his response.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Hopefully that will restart the phone for you. If it does restart, you might see the iTunes logo and the USB cable on the screen. If that happens, your phone has gone into recovery mode. Read the second article about what to do if you are unable to update or restore.

Feb 28, 2016 10:49 AM in response to ktrixi427

I had the same problem, iPhone 6 was frozen almost 5 hours during the restore & update. I installed a new iTunes (although my previous one was updated, too). After that problem was solved.

The article says "If your device contains a large number of files, the process can take from several minutes to an hour." My understanding and experience is it should never more than an hour.

iphone 6 is frozen "verifying update" 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.