Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong language on itunes movie

Hello

I bought Insideout on german. The first time we watched the movie it was in german . Now there is only US english available.

Movie descriptions are completely in german !

Any advice about that issue ?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:10 PM

Hi there!

It sounds like your movie is supposed to be in German, and was initially, but is now playing only in US English. My first thought is to see if you can change the language of the movie as it plays back:

Mac or PC

1. While watching a video in iTunes, move your cursor to the bottom of the window to reveal playback controls.
  2. From the lower-right hand corner, click the speech bubble icon User uploaded file to open the Audio and Subtitles menu.
  3. Select your preferred language.

User uploaded file

If that is not the case or you do not have German language available, then I would delete the movie and remove it from the computer when prompted:

1. Click the item to select it, and press the Delete key.

2. Click Delete [item].

3. Do one of the following:

• Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.

• Delete the item from your computer: Click Move to Trash. The item is removed the next time you empty the Trash.

Then re download it from the iTunes Store:

Download your past purchases

If the issue persists then I would report a problem with the purchase to the iTunes store directly:

reportaproblem.apple.com

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2016 12:10 PM in response to Wrong language movie itunes

Hi there!

It sounds like your movie is supposed to be in German, and was initially, but is now playing only in US English. My first thought is to see if you can change the language of the movie as it plays back:

Mac or PC

1. While watching a video in iTunes, move your cursor to the bottom of the window to reveal playback controls.
  2. From the lower-right hand corner, click the speech bubble icon User uploaded file to open the Audio and Subtitles menu.
  3. Select your preferred language.

User uploaded file

If that is not the case or you do not have German language available, then I would delete the movie and remove it from the computer when prompted:

1. Click the item to select it, and press the Delete key.

2. Click Delete [item].

3. Do one of the following:

• Remove the item only from your iTunes library: Click Keep File.

• Delete the item from your computer: Click Move to Trash. The item is removed the next time you empty the Trash.

Then re download it from the iTunes Store:

Download your past purchases

If the issue persists then I would report a problem with the purchase to the iTunes store directly:

reportaproblem.apple.com

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Wrong language on itunes movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.