Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem loading Windows on bootcamp

Have tried to load now 3 times without success. Make the iso copy from disk to flash drive and when loading gets to Realtek audio shown on status and locks up.

what can I do to finish the download?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:40 AM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 1:37 PM in response to donaldfromprineville

Hi donaldfromprineville,

I see you're installing Windows on your iMac but the process stops when loading Realtek audio drivers.

It appears that you can manually install the Realtek audio driver and halt the RealtekSetup process in the Task Manager in Windows. Take a look at the steps in this discussion - boot camp installation hangs atrealtekaudio.

Take care,

Mar 8, 2016 1:32 PM in response to donaldfromprineville

To Donald

If you cannot get into windows then you will have to do it all over from disk utility.

I have been at this for several days with mixed results.

After reloading win 10 for the umpteenth time from disk util, I did NOT load bootcamp and instead loaded the drivers individually leaving out Realtek.

I had the machine working for the past three days in this way without any issues.

A few min ago I decided to load Bootcamp again and the whole sorry saga has started again.

I did create a restore point and it seems to have restored to that point although some drivers like my Audient drivers were removed but maybe I did the restore before I installed the Audient, not sure.

If Apple just added an option to go into 'safe mode' boot sequence in windows it would save many people a lot of wasted time which can be used to watch a movie , talk to your children, call your Mum long distance etc etc

But unfortunately these software prats who think they are smart are actually quite stupid in the real world sense.

Anyway I can safely say that If you DO NOT load bootcamp but the drivers individually, and DO NOT load aplleupdate you will have a working win 10.

For me this is not an option because I primarily use Windows 10 on Apple hardware and so this situation is not usable for me and so I will have to buy a PC for my Win 10 work.

Problem loading Windows on bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.