Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch Beats Studio Wireless Headphones between devices

Hi

My Beats Studio Wireless Headphones are paired with my iMac and my iPhone and I'm trying to find out if there is an easy way to switch them from one paired device to the other.

Thank you for any help

Beats Studio Wireless-OTHER

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2017 11:38 AM

Hold the B for about two seconds and then on your phone choose the beats connection for Bluetooth.

5 replies

Feb 14, 2016 12:33 PM in response to iwaddo

Hi there iwaddo,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

I see you're looking for an easy way to switch between audio sources when using your Beats Studio Wireless headphones.

The main way to accomplish this is to first stop using the headphones as your iMac's output device (in System Preferences) and then use the AirPlay icon in Control Center to use the headphones with your iPhone. You can find these steps in the following articles:

OS X El Capitan: Set up Bluetooth audio devices

Select a Bluetooth audio device as your computer’s input or output device

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound.

2. If your device is meant for sound output (for example, headphones), click Output. If your device is meant for sound input (for example, a headset), click Input.

3. Select the device you want to use in the list of devices.

Set up and use third-party Bluetooth accessories

Play audio to a Bluetooth accessory

If you want to play audio to a Bluetooth accessory, you'll need to select the accessory.

User uploaded file

You can do this by using the AirPlay option in Control Center.

All the best.

Feb 15, 2016 7:22 AM in response to iwaddo

I can't tell you on the Mac for sure as my Beats aren't connected to mine but between my iPhone and my iPad, I just go to Settings | Bluetooth and then select Beats Wireless under My Devices if I want to listen on the device that they aren't currently connected to. I would think there is a similar option on a Mac.

Feb 25, 2016 11:40 PM in response to anypats

Hi,

This is the scenario I am trying to resolve

• my Beats are connected to my iMac but I now want them connected to my iPhone
  • If I go to the Bluetooth app on my iPhone and try to connect to the Beats it fails, I was expecting it to 'pull' the connection from the iMac, but it doesn't

To achieve the switch between my iMac and my iPhone I have to

• Use the Bluetooth app on the iMac to disconnect the Beats from the iMac, then
  • Use the Bluetooth app on the iPhone to connect to the beats

This latter two stage process seems very cumbersome and I'm trying to ascertain whether this is the expected behaviour

Regards

Switch Beats Studio Wireless Headphones between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.