Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore/Itunes/iCloud blocked after El Capitan

Hi Everyone,

I have just reformatted my Macbook Pro Retina and installed El Capitan, somehow I seem to have lost my rights to iTunes/AppStore and iCloud.

Itunes prompts: you don't have enough access privileges for this operation, than it goes very very slow allowing me to have a go but rejects my attempt

AppStore prompts: the action could not be completed, try again (simply rejects log in credentials) trying again will tell me that i forgot my password and blocks me. (password is not the problem)

iCloud same as AppStore.

I now think there is a problem with Key chain but not sure what and how to fix it, anyway how to reset Keychain? any info will be highly appreciated.

thanks 😕

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:02 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 12:57 PM in response to 6665

Hi 6665,

It sounds like your computer is no longer showing it is authorized for the iTunes store. Take a look at the resource below. I'll also include the information you asked about resetting your keychain.

Authorize your computer in iTunes

Authorize a Mac or PC

Before you authorize a computer, download and install the latest version of iTunes.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Store > Authorize This Computer.
    User uploaded file

Check your number of authorizations

Click to open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information, or use the steps below:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file
  3. Click your name and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
    User uploaded file
  4. Enter your password again.

In the Apple ID Summary section of the Account Information screen, you’ll see the number of computers that you’ve authorized with your Apple ID. You can’t see the names of those computers. If you haven't authorized 2 or more computers, you won't see this section.

User uploaded file

If the number of authorized computers listed is more than what you expect, you might not have deauthorized the computers that you no longer use, gave away, or sold. You need to deauthorize all of your computers and then re-authorize each one that you still use.

If you run out of authorizations

If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer you don't use much anymore, deauthorize it. If you've sold or given away a computer that used one of your 5 authorizations, you'll need to deauthorize all of your computers and then re-authorize each one that you still use.

Resetting your keychain in Mac OS X

Take care,

AppStore/Itunes/iCloud blocked after El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.