Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preordered an album, says I have insufficient credit

I preordered Sia'a This is Acting during Christmas when I got an iTunes gift card, and I got the email to download the album.

But after I say "OK" for when it says This is Acting is available for download, it says I have "Insufficisnt credit Remaining". I already paid for the album, so shouldn't it just download? Please help. thanks

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:12 AM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 12:51 PM in response to munyafashukanu

Hello munyafashukanu,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you pre-ordered an item from the iTunes Store, but now when you attempt the download, you receive a message that there isn’t a sufficient balance.

The reason this could be happening is because the account is not actually charged until the item is released. This information is described in the following article.

When the item is released, we’ll complete your order and bill your account. If you turned on the option to automatically download prepurchased content in iTunes, the item will automatically appear in the Purchased section of your account. Learn what to do if a billing issue prevents your order from automatically downloading.

About iTunes Store pre-orders - Apple Support

Cheers!

Feb 14, 2016 2:21 PM in response to munyafashukanu

Hello munyafashukanu,

Thanks for this extra information. When you were notified that this item was available for download, did you have enough credit in iTunes to complete the purchase?

Even if you had credit on your account when you pre-ordered, that amount wouldn’t actually be charged until you download the item when it becomes available. Is it possible that you spent this credit on other items prior to this item becoming available?

If you did not have enough credit on your account (or another valid form of payment such as a credit card) at the time of attempting to download this item, this would explain the alert you are receiving.

The following resources will help you check to see what your iTunes Store balance is, and how to update your billing information if necessary.

See your iTunes credit balance

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information

Best,

Preordered an album, says I have insufficient credit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.