Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use pages to check the spacing between words?

In Word I can use spelling and grammar check to show up where I have inadvertently put in an extra space between words either in text or at the end of a sentence. Is there any way I can do this in Pages?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 12:19 PM

Pages v5,6,1 (you didn't say) does not catch extra spaces in the document text during a spelling and grammar check. Plan B is to use the Find/Replace facility (command+F).

You can optionally turn on Show Invisibles from the Pages View menu. This will show all spaces between words as blue dots. Then press command+F to bring up the Find panel. From the gear icon, select Find & Replace, and whole words. Now, to scan your document for two spaces between words, just hit the space bar twice in the Find field, and once in the replace field. Momentarily, you will see a count of how many it has found, and the first occurrence will be yellow highlighted, and subsequent occurrences gray highlighted, in your document. You can can singularly replace these, or replace all.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 12:19 PM in response to JeannieMc

Pages v5,6,1 (you didn't say) does not catch extra spaces in the document text during a spelling and grammar check. Plan B is to use the Find/Replace facility (command+F).

You can optionally turn on Show Invisibles from the Pages View menu. This will show all spaces between words as blue dots. Then press command+F to bring up the Find panel. From the gear icon, select Find & Replace, and whole words. Now, to scan your document for two spaces between words, just hit the space bar twice in the Find field, and once in the replace field. Momentarily, you will see a count of how many it has found, and the first occurrence will be yellow highlighted, and subsequent occurrences gray highlighted, in your document. You can can singularly replace these, or replace all.

User uploaded file

Can I use pages to check the spacing between words?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.