Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone unable to update or restore due to replaced touch id and unable to reboot after update attempt

So I took my cell phone to a repair shop after the screen and button were damaged. I took it to a non apple location for the record. They replaced the button and i noticed the touch id function did not work, but everything else worked fine. The repair shop suggested I take it to apple because the new touch id needs to be synced with the phone.

I attempted to update my phone through iTunes. iTunes did the backup first of course and then attempted to update my phone. I get the "Error 53 or can‘t update or restore your iPhone or iPad". I tried the forced restart method which is to hold power and home button and I brought me to the plug phone into iTunes.

When I plug the phone back into the computer it ask do i want to restore then when i click restore it says "restore and update".

THERE IS NO JUST RESTORE!!! So i'm in an endless loop i can't even restore my phone without update. There is no option for that. How do I do a restore without update???

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:10 AM

2 replies

Phone unable to update or restore due to replaced touch id and unable to reboot after update attempt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.