Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Mini 3 Forced Me To Change My Passcode

Is anyone else out there having the same things happen to their ipad ?? The main question, is this malware or is my device compromised or is this part of the newest software update? Here is what happened: I had my ipad powered off for 24 hours after internet problems. When I powered it on the next morning it said " You Must Change/Choose a New Passcode Now" . There was no skip or remind me later nothing.... I had to type and confirm a new passcode to get into my ipad. After changing that, I was not comfortable with what I chose so I changed it in the control center. It was at that time it made me choose a six digit code ( which I like better ). I know there is a change in the new ios that defaults to six digits and I wondered if this was part of the software update or if after having an ipad so long it asks you for a change of passcode? I have outlook installed, but not setup and I use the built in mail app for my email. My ipod did not ask for a change in code. Is this something I should be concerned with ??? I thank everyone in advance for their help !!

Nick

iPad Mini, iOS 9.2.1, Ipad Mini 3, finger print recogniti

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:19 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad Mini 3 Forced Me To Change My Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.