Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s screen littered with scratches within a week of purchase

I bought iPhone 6s just 20 days back in India. I am appalled to see so many micro scratches all over the screen when I took it out in thesubfor the first time today. I have beenkeeping it mypocket with regular usage. I have never seen such a bad quality material used by Appl earlier. I also own iPhone 6 which is 1 year old and it's screen is spotless even after a year. Then how come, 6sisso prone to scratches. It surely is a poor quality material used OR I had the misfortune of getting a sub standard piece.

I went to the service center in India (Gurgaon) and they acknowledged that screen is full ofscratches butthey say it is due to usage. I tried explaining them that this is so called Guerilla glass and not prone to such scratches on normal usage andspeciallynot within 20 days.

It is clearly a cheap quality piece given to me. I am stuck with this asservice center refuses to change it.

What is the alternative I have? Should I tap the doors of consumer courts? Anyone else facing similar issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:17 AM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 9:26 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

My only point is that scratches within 20 days can't be a cosmetic damage. It is inherent poor quality which has led to this. May be they were from the beginning, just that I took it out in sun for the first time and noticed. It is not visible in indoor lighting but very clearly visible in a bright environment. This is surely a poor quality piece that has come my way

iphone 6s screen littered with scratches within a week of purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.