Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard Drive clean on Mac Mini

I want to uninstall OS X El Capitan, which keys do I press and in what order so as to complete a total clean of the HD, Any help would be appreciated.

Mac mini, iOS 9.2.1, EL Capitan operating system 10.11.2

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Feb 15, 2016 2:45 AM in response to adz61

Hi again, managed to read the literature, but this still leaves me with some nagging doubts! What I am wanting to do is uninstall Capitan and revert to Yosemite,at the moment at least, Capitan is nothing short of a disaster, problems to numerous to mention here.

The procedures I have looked at seem to suggest that unless you have made a time machine backup of Yosemite prior to upgrading to Capitan the erase of the hard drive and reinstallation of Yosemite will not work!

At the moment I have a download of Yosemite from the apps store sat in my Applications folder. My plan is to make a bootable USB flash drive (found a good procedure for this ), delete the Hard drive and reinstall Yosemite. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Feb 16, 2016 1:51 AM in response to lllaass

Hi again Illaass, thanks again for the info, never heard of Diskmaker X before, what a smart bit of kit! it does the whole procedure with just a few clicks, I now have bootable copy of Yosemite, I don't know if you have used this App yourself but just one comment, when it started to copy the files the progress bar in the box did not alter until the very end (about 10mins in total).anyway so long as it has worked its just a minor point.

Have to move some files before Yosemite reinstall, will update you later , Thanks Again.

Hard Drive clean on Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.