Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set it so that my children have to request permission to install any app, even ones that I have already purchased?

Currently my children's devices/ID's are set with request to purchase, therefore they need to request permission for any "new" apps that they would like to install, even if they are free.

If an app has already been installed on my own device (parent), then they do not need to request permission to install the app on their own device. For example, I do not need them to install snapchat, or many other social networking apps. I would therefore like a way that they would have to request permission to install it on their device(s) just like they would for new apps.

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:49 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2016 10:13 AM in response to sheldon69

You can Hide any purchases that you don't want to make available in the Family Sharing list. To hide any that you don't want showing on the list (and therefore available to download), open the App Store on your device click on Updates>Purchased>My Purchases, and find the app you want to hide. Swipe from right to left on the line item to show the "Hide" option, and tap that to hide the app and remove it from the Family Sharing list.

Cheers,

GB

How can I set it so that my children have to request permission to install any app, even ones that I have already purchased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.