Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 mac pro shuts down instead of sleeping

I have a 6-core mid 2012 Mac Pro that has had problems going to sleep. When the computer tries to sleep-either manually or automatically, it will panic shut down. I've had it to an independent but authorized repair center and they simply removed one of my two video cards and stated that there was too much of a poor draw on the power supply and this is what was causing the problems. Indeed, this did fix the problem for about 3 months, but now its back. This is what I found when I ran the command pmset -g assertions :

User uploaded file

I'm running the latest version of El Cap, and as a noob to command line, I was wondering if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary, especially the line "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle"

My next step would be to obviously take the unit back in, but if they're on a bad power supply kick, I'm going to be out a $350 and my hunch is that a new power supply is not the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Mid 2012 3.33 GHz 6-Core Xeon

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 10:01 AM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2016 10:59 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Okay. I hope this is what you're looking for. Given that its a Wacom tablet driver, I'm inclined to delete it. But, as you can see, there are more issues going on here than just the Wacom driver. The machine will kernel panic each and every time I try to sleep it. User uploaded file

<Image Edited for Personal Information>

Feb 13, 2016 11:51 AM in response to pchansen

Sorry to bombard you with so much info. I found the Wacom drivers following the path in the crash report. I trashed them and the icon no longer shows up. I restarted the machine and tried to make it sleep. Same result- a panic shut down. I pulled the report but it did not log an additional crash/shutdown. Again, ASAIK, Wacom has been trashed(not uninstalled).

Here's a clip from the report. I can't publish the whole report because by copy and pasting I apparently introduce invalid characters that the forum won't let me use.

Process: WacomTabletDriver [392]

Path: /Library/Application Support/Tablet/WacomTabletDriver.app/Contents/MacOS/WacomTabletDriver

Identifier: com.wacom.WacomTabletDriver

Version: Wacom Tablet 6.3.11-3 (6.3.11f3)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [1]

Responsible: WacomTabletDriver [392]

User ID: 0

Date/Time: 2016-02-13 09:16:00.525 -0800

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: 12F20351-8193-8AEE-C4BD-EAC1C601AB11

Time Awake Since Boot: 67 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000001d1

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Feb 14, 2016 3:20 PM in response to pchansen

Wacom is disconnected. I tried to re-install the OS but failed. About half way through the process, I received a message that one of the Volumes was damaged and the installation could not continue. This is with a verified good copy of OS X 10.11.2 via thumb drive. So now I'm back to where I started from. Kind of. After all that, I was able to get the computer to sleep once. It took about 30 seconds from the sleep command to the computer sleeping (glowing power light). That seems like quite a long time. It now won't sleep and I'm back to a panic shut down, although there are no new logs to show this- which I find strange.

I think my next step will be to back up and do a clean install.

2012 mac pro shuts down instead of sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.