Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple has discontinued the one to one program. I need this program and cannot renew. Are they offering an alternative?

Apple is not allowing anyone to renew the one to one because they discontinued it. I was told that I would have one to one support for 3 years after I purchased my computer. ( with renewals) I really feel like Apple has let its customers down. We need one to one support for the products that we purchased. I would have returned my computer and never changed to Apple if it had not been for the one to one support that allowed me to understand how to use my imac, macbook air and iphone 6. I hope that Apple hears the complaints of the community and does something to fix this problem. At least let me finish out my renewal time. I use the workshops but they are not enough to help me personally. I feel taken advantage of by Apple at this point. There are many senior citizens out there that need this help as well.

iMac, also have macbook air and iphone6

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 10:02 AM

lindafromalliance wrote:

I hope that Apple hears the complaints of the community and does something to fix this problem.

This is a user to user support forum. Apple does not participate here. If you want to tell Apple about your concerns, you can use the feedback page here, http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate link. As you know they still conduct the workshops, and in my experience with them, and I'm a senior citizen as well, they are more than willing to work somewhat one on one with some people to ensure your understanding. You just don't quite get the one hour personal service as before. Either way, the only way to let Apple know you would like to change is to use the feedback link.

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 10:02 AM in response to lindafromalliance

lindafromalliance wrote:

I hope that Apple hears the complaints of the community and does something to fix this problem.

This is a user to user support forum. Apple does not participate here. If you want to tell Apple about your concerns, you can use the feedback page here, http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate link. As you know they still conduct the workshops, and in my experience with them, and I'm a senior citizen as well, they are more than willing to work somewhat one on one with some people to ensure your understanding. You just don't quite get the one hour personal service as before. Either way, the only way to let Apple know you would like to change is to use the feedback link.

Feb 13, 2016 10:31 AM in response to lindafromalliance

I agree with Chris on the Workshop Program

It has been my experience in "teaching" computer skills to folks 'one on one' that the "student" learns by DOING anyway... I would sit idly by while the student did what I instructed as the 'lesson for the day' = thus wasting my time and their money

I would not want to pay good money for someone to actually point and click and type FOR me if I were learning

You may find that this forum is a very good resource for when you get "stumped" by something

I recommend the [Help] menu - both in the Finder and "IN-App" - then searching with very general search term (too much 'asking a question' confuses the search engine, it seems) -- the Help file is pretty much ALL of Apple's knowledge base regarding the USE of whatever the App or Mac features and functions

MaNy Apps have something like a "Get to know" section as well in the Help file

We'll try our best to make you "feel" as if it were One-To-One here 😉

Feb 16, 2016 11:54 AM in response to lindafromalliance

Hello Linda,

I have to say that is my one experience with Apple that fell flat. I booked a one to one course here in the UK which meant 12 lessons for £80 ( quite a lot in 2007). The conditions for the 'lessons' were appalling with children running wild in the store and the person in charge talking at a rate of knots which made it difficult to understand. I was asked to go (it was 30 miles away) at times to suit them. I did two of them but it was an impossible strain and they were totally unwilling to refund a proportion of the payments.

I agree with you entirely about being taken advantage of.

Feb 16, 2016 11:56 AM in response to bobseufert

As I replied to gail in another thread - Aww Shucks (w/o the picture this time)

Alas... never finished college 😉 - one Retail Job current (nationwide? I get this notice for my two closest Store locations filter)

https://jobs.apple.com/us/search?job=USALP&openJobId=USALP#&openJobId=USALP

I am more interested in the At Home Advisor (AHA) positions - regular chain of command hierarchy - but it seems they want you to be "in proximity" of a geographical area (go figger, it is a "virtual" job!). The "upper echelon" appears to be in Austin, and likely an office job - expanding "language support" as we speak (a few supervisory posted 21Jan)

All AHAs get a NEW MBPro, fine headgear & Internet Service provided

Mar 7, 2016 7:17 AM in response to lindafromalliance

I agree with this complaint. It has been one of the best parts of Apple. Not only have they discontinued the one to one, but their workshop offerings are slim to none at the same time.

Especially given the constant changes and upgrades to their devices, they need to offer more support.

I was told I could continue to sign up for my one to one until my year expired, but if you think i can find out that option in support..... it's nowhere to be found except for physically going to the store.

Don't leave us now Apple. I've swayed many a folk to switch over to Apple on the selling price of above and beyond support, which is now dwindling.

May 1, 2016 10:42 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

If you can make it "feel" like Apple hasn't lied to me, and therefore stolen my money in doing so with a bait and switch, then I will "feel" like you are still not horrible people.

The issue is not in how you see how your time is being wasted by watching your students learning how they have paid to be taught, but in how the service was sold, and in how that service was, after having been sold, was changed, downgraded and, ultimately, withheld. The focus here has nothing to do with how you "feel" as a """genius""" in teaching your 1-person class, but in how the guest/customer/student feels they have been serviced, given the instruction they have received given what they were promised and then paid for.

May 1, 2016 10:50 PM in response to skarJones

The one time I scheduled an appointment, I had my dad carry my machine to the store, as I had had recent knee surgery. I was told that they had no record of my appointment, the "genius" had no other appointments in my place, was "technically" available, and couldn't, wouldn't, help me. For this I paid 2x as much as i would have than if I had bought a PC. Naples, FL store. F#@$ me, is the message I got.

Apple has discontinued the one to one program. I need this program and cannot renew. Are they offering an alternative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.