Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal

i bought the me gem Apple tv on day of release and have been so disappointed with the apps thus far. Please and NHL apps have saved the device for me.

Does anybody know if there are plans for iCal please? Really surprised omitted.

cheers

Kev

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 11:07 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2016 11:36 AM in response to Protodd

Of course, I am aware it;s dependent on 3rd parties but Apple have a lot of sway with the developers and for the kings of marketing, you'd have thought developers would have been fighting to get on a new apple platform.

To be honest, just for viewing. I am just desperate to find additional uses for the thing! could add entries using siri surely?

What apps do you find useful on the device? Maybe I am missing some gems in there somewhere

Kev

Feb 13, 2016 11:45 AM in response to welshy6

I stream movies from Netflix, HBO, etc, homeshare my personal media - audio, movies, photos etc, mirror my iPad/MacBook. I have played a few of the games but not a big gamer. I also use my parents login for access to network apps like NBC, USA, FX etc. - I don't have a cable subscription...

I don't believe that Siri would enter text - she is limited in her ability - Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with Apple TV (4th generation) - Apple Support

or Use Siri on your Apple TV (4th generation) - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2016 11:51 AM in response to Protodd

I read that in an upcoming update we'd be able to search store with Siri, so I thought that must involve some text elements.

I'm not a gamer too. For us UK users not much TV use other than the store for series' and movies. Plex is key usage for me and do watch NHL all the time.

Surely you can't disagree that it has not taken off though? Still plenty of time of course but so far, not so good (in my opinion)

Kev

Feb 13, 2016 12:00 PM in response to welshy6

personally I do see it as a big improvement from the ATV 2/3. But I am sure that there are people that would agree with you as well. As rumors are not allowed in the Apple user community I couldn't speak to searching the store with Siri as it's not available today...

I also still use my older ATVs as part of the HomeKit access for my cameras, garage, door locks, lights etc...

iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.