Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac stopped loading most websites although they load on other computers

All of a sudden this morning I'm having trouble getting websites to open. I'm on an iMac. Everything was fine when I first got on the computer this morning. Then, it stopped being able to load most websites. I've tried using Google Chrome and Safari, and both have a problem. I have an ASUS notebook on the same network and I'm able to open sites just fine. The strange thing is on the iMac sometimes a website will open, but then when I try again it won't. It does open up my Gmail and Google Calendar consistently, but everything else mostly won't work. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix this?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), iOS 8.4.1, Bootcamp version 5.1.4 (500)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 11:13 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2016 12:55 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I don't know why my profile didn't mention OSX, but I use version 10.11.3.

I tried turning my computer off and turning it back on. I unplugged the modem/wifi and hooked it back up. The problem is in OSX, Windows on the ASUS works fine.

I did an SMC reset (didn't know what that was, but seems to be turn off the computer and unplug it). Anyway, that worked. Everything seems fine now. Thanks.

my mac stopped loading most websites although they load on other computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.