Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any workaround to links to KB that don't work?

Hi,

Is there any workaround to links to the knowledge base not working?

It's been a while since I've tried using the support site. It's changed so much I'm completely lost. I can't find Knowledge Base articles, and when I find a link that should take me to a KB article I get a 404 error.

Example link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203202

Thanks.

MBP 13 2.53gHZ/4mb RAM, PB G4 12, 1gHZ/768 mb RAM, OS X.3.9, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Touch 2 gen, Shuffle 1 gen, Nano 2 gen, PM7300/200 416 mb RAM OS

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 11:25 AM

9 replies

Feb 16, 2016 8:09 PM in response to Marlinespike

I use Google "Site Search" for keyword terms rather than "in the form of a question" = for example:

term01 term02 site:support.apple.com = returns "HT" & TS" prefix articles (How To & TroubleShooting)

• one can search discussions.apple.com to narrow it down to the forums
  • help.apple.com MAY return relevant results

our good friend a brody has a User Tip concerning your very topic > Knowledgebase links of the info.apple.com format no longer work = VERY interesting

Feb 16, 2016 10:09 AM in response to Alancito

thanks, amigo

The in-house search seems to have had a visit to the "salon" (still to "airy" for my tastes) as well as the "doctor" = VERY much improved since my last inclination to give it a try - I am afraid that my GoggleSiteSearch habits will be hard to break, but I'll do a comparison test when I get time. Sort of like Ford v. Ferrari at Le Mans back in the day.

It seems like such radical improvements would warrant some fanfare... like the horn-tooting over Apple Recommends (which gets pinned for a week to every page)

Feb 16, 2016 8:17 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Thank you everyone who replied!

I've copied the A Brody post to a text edit file that now lives on my Mac and hopefully won't be subject to link rot.

ChitlinsCC, I've been using the Google domain specific search trick but unfortunately it keeps directing me to pages with broken links. 😟

The internet archive is a good resource!

I will use that Support Feedback link to let Apple know how hard I find this new "user forum" and KB to use and search!

Any workaround to links to KB that don't work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.