Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why am I having trouble logging into an ftp site

For some reason I can't seem to access an ftp site I was given access to for my business. I feel like I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work but it's just lot letting me in and supposedly it's not on their end. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 11:26 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 3:28 PM in response to bekadoolittle

What have you tried (we could play 20 questions, but it is easier if you just tell us)?

What software are you trying?

Is the site an FTP or an SFTP site. It does make a difference, as FTP is old and not secure, and SFTP is based on the SSH protocols and is very secure. Some companies may have switched over to SFTP for better security.

Where are you when you try to access the FTP site? Home? Work? Coffee Shop? other?

Is the FTP site behind some companies firewall? As in it is your company and if you were at your desk, you could access it, but outside of work, it is blocked from access unless you VPN into work first.

why am I having trouble logging into an ftp site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.