Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air stopped charging

my ipad air (first gen) has stopped taking a charge. it started slowly with my having to take out the plug, turning it over and plugging it back in to get it to charge, then it got to the point of charging very very slowly and without the battery icon turning green and no sound to let you know its plugged in. then it just stopped charging all together. its now stuck on 2% battery and wont charge and when i plug it in to the wall charger i get a big battery icon center screen with a lightening bolt and charge plug icon and that's all. left plugged in for 8 hours it wont raise past the 2%. I took it too a shop who said they tried to fix it but the motherboard was shot. honestly I don't think they even opened it up... my feeling is the charge port has failed... I have tried all options from new chargers, wires, blowing air into the port, and doing all the button hold down, restart things. do mother board fry like this in these things after only two years??

iPad Air, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 1:59 PM

It could have just been the battery. The lithium ion batteries do have a finite life span. You could make an appointment at an Apple Store and have them check it out. However, if that place you took it to was not an authorized repair place you could have just voided your warranty.

1 reply

Ipad air stopped charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.