Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"missing-filter-warning" prevents printing

I just bought a late 2014 iMac and migrated all info from an external drive to new computer. Problem is with printing. I am getting "missing-filter-warning" for 2 different printers. Computer says I need new software and will not let me print. HP had a download which fixed that printer. Canon web site has nothing available. Both printers were fine with 10.10.5 on old iMac. Anyone else getting these warnings which prevent printing?

New iMac is running 10.10.5 which was the OS on old iMac. I think the new iMac had 10.11.? when I first turned it on but I guess the OS was overwritten when Migration Assistant transferred content from external drive to new iMac. Old iMac was dead and could not be stated up.

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 1:19 PM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 5:02 PM in response to bherman

I found a solution for the Canon printer on another thread:

okmuhbijnygvApr 19, 2013 3:59 PM Re: 'Filter' failed error when printing from EPSON
in response to Ltlmn

Thanks this helped me on macbook pro - mountian lion - hp 1055 printer:

Ltlmn

Re: 'Filter' failed error when printing from EPSON

Aug 15, 2012 12:24 AM (

in response to midorichan)

Had same problem this morning.

Found your solution, and get to System Preferences->Printers, and delete the printer.

When I wanted to add it again, I did not add it from the list of "Nearby printers", I just click Add printer...

After this (it takes several seconds to detect the printers), I could select from a normal printer and a printer with (IP) after the name: Epson SX600FW (IP).

My printer is a network printer, and I said to give a try to IP version now. And bam, it worked.

So check if you don't have also another type of printer to install (in my case, in the kind field, the (IP) one was: EPSON TCPIP, and the simple one: Bonjour Multifunction)

Message was edited by: okmuhbijnygv

Re: 'Filter' failed error when printing from EPSON

A different solution that helped some people was to repair permissions. This did not solve my problem but did help others.

"missing-filter-warning" prevents printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.