Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

font changes when it gets to FCPX

I've created a title scroll in Motion 5 using various weights and styles of Avenir Next. It looks good in Motion, but when I place it in Final Cut, things change.

Avenir Medium becomes Ultra Light, Avenir Heavy becomes Medium, some point sizes change. I've opened the title from FCP and corrected it only to have other parts change by the time I place the corrected title in Final Cut. Nothing is changed to something I'm not using somewhere in the title.

When doing the replacement, I've deleted the wrong title on the timeline and replaced it with the "corrected" one.

I'm using Linotype FontExplorer, but it looks like all the fonts are system fonts

What's going on or what am I doing wrong?

Motion 5-OTHER

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:10 PM

I think I solved my issue.

I selected all the text in the scrolling title and made it Avenir Medium, which is the most used instance of the font in the title. Then I when line by line changing some to Heavy, some to Ultra Light, some to Medium italic, and some to Regular. I made adjustments to point sizes as desired. After a save all appears correct in FCPX.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 2:10 PM in response to Ross H

I think I solved my issue.

I selected all the text in the scrolling title and made it Avenir Medium, which is the most used instance of the font in the title. Then I when line by line changing some to Heavy, some to Ultra Light, some to Medium italic, and some to Regular. I made adjustments to point sizes as desired. After a save all appears correct in FCPX.

font changes when it gets to FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.