Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don´t see a Remote Button near the top of the iTunes window

I´m trying to use the Remote App in my Apple Watch but I don´t see a Remote Button near the top of the iTunes window to pair with my Music Library

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 1:12 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 10:54 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Thanks Jonathan,

For some reason I did the same before and did´t see the remote icon... Now it worked 🙂

maybe it was the wifi point you mentioned, which I checked this time. To be precise is the iPhone connecting to the same wifi as the computer, as the Apple Watch by itself does not connect to wifi, correct?

Thanks

Feb 14, 2016 10:51 AM in response to kaos61

Hi

The Remote button will only appear in iTunes after you have tapped on Add Device within the Remote app on Apple Watch. Note that your computer and watch must both be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

In iTunes 12 and later, the Remote button is located towards the upper left, beneath the Volume slider. In iTunes 11 and earlier, the Remote button is in the upper-right, beneath the Search field.

More information:

Use Apple Watch as a remote control for iTunes or Apple TV - Apple Support

Feb 15, 2016 8:32 AM in response to kaos61

You're most welcome! 🙂

To clarify: the iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer, and your watch must be connected to your iPhone.

Although it is not relevant for this particular function, Apple Watch can in fact connect independently to a known 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network in order to provide certain functions (including using Siri and sending and receiving messages via iMessage) if your iPhone is not available.

More information:

Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone - Apple Support

I don´t see a Remote Button near the top of the iTunes window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.