Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My extensions folder is completely empty in My MacBook Pro 10.6.8. How do I reinstall?

MacBook Pro 10.6.8. (7,1) My extensions folder is completely empty. How do I reinstall? Need to eliminate Extensions/Apple USBEthernetHost.kext within it even though it does not appear in that folder.Could be the problem why my Canon printer is not working? (Rollers not grabing the paper) Keep getting the message,"System extension System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update." I also got this message after doing a small upgrade to system 10.6.8 but at the time paid no attention to it. These are all the stats I can give.

iBook (14.1 LCD), Mac OS 9.2.x, Printer compatibility

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:28 PM

2 replies

My extensions folder is completely empty in My MacBook Pro 10.6.8. How do I reinstall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.