Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5c phantom/ghost touches *HELP*

My Iphone 5c (approx 2 years old) randomly started getting ghost/phantom touches about a week and a half ago.

The ghost touch seems to constantly happen in the same area on the phone, (3rd column 4th row of the apps, happens there even if I switch the apps around)

I've never had a crack or damage to the screen, it has never been replaced. I tried doing a full restore and it still continued to have the same issue, with and without backing up the old info.

I purchased my phone in Canada but I'm currently living abroad in Europe, the issue started after I departed a coach bus in France, is it possible that because I was charging my phone through the coach bus that it messed up my phone?

Would the difference in electric systems in Europe compared to North America mess up my phone?
I've started to only charge my phone through my macbook now, but it doesn't really seem to have solved the issue.

PLEASE I need help, it's so annoying to try and use my phone and have to lock and unlock it 1-3 times before it starts working properly, and this "proper" working period generally only lasts a few minutes before the issues return.

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 1:28 PM

2 replies

Dec 31, 2017 10:49 PM in response to Roda2007

I have the same issue.

I have had my iPhone 5s for just over a year and a half, and about a week ago, I started experiencing these 'phantom touches'. It would click into random apps, type in my notes, and even FaceTime my friends!

At first I thought "Oh, the phones getting older, maybe it's just a once off glitch", but as it kept happening I wondered what was actually causing the phantom touches.

First I tried a soft reset. It worked for an hour or so, then it returned to it's phantom state. I then thought it could possibly be a hardware issue, so I wiped my phone (backing it up and restoring), however this didn't work either. Maybe there was a bug in my backup. So i tried wiping the phone without restoring afterwards. Even still, the touches are still occuring. I even took off my screen protector and cleaned my screen to see if THAT would solve it. Nope! It's still happening! The only way I've been getting it to function (barely!)

Does anyone out there know what I should do? I really don't want to spend loads of $$$ fixing the phone, I may as well get a new one, which I really don't want to do.

Help?!

5c phantom/ghost touches *HELP*

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.