Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Word 2008 with el Capitan upgrade?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:56 PM

Yes.

(139497)

3 replies

Feb 13, 2016 4:03 PM in response to Niel

Thanks. There seems to be a bit of disagreement with some of those upgrading to El Capitan and continuing to use Office 2008. I want to be able to retrieve all my documents creates over the past years in Word, so hope this upgrade won't impact that. I guess I will just have to take the leap and see what happens. Browsers like Chrome and I think Firefox are indicating no longer supporting some of early Mac OS after April.

Feb 13, 2016 4:26 PM in response to jhmetzger

jhmetzger wrote:

Thanks. There seems to be a bit of disagreement with some of those upgrading to El Capitan and continuing to use Office 2008. I want to be able to retrieve all my documents creates over the past years in Word, so hope this upgrade won't impact that. I guess I will just have to take the leap and see what happens. Browsers like Chrome and I think Firefox are indicating no longer supporting some of early Mac OS after April.

I have Office 2008 on my MacBook, running El Capitan, and everything is just fine for me. I shouldn't think it would be much different for you. 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.