Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More effects in Youtube

Surfing in Youtube promotion films, I find out that the example of a film has more possibilities as my own Imovie 10.1.1. Below you see 2 pictures. The above one is from internet, and more below is a picture of my Imovie. See the difference! How can I get the more effects shown in the YouTube Film?

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 1:37 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 2:28 AM in response to irmafromnl

I would guess that the top example was probably made by creating a still with the sparks over a green or transparent background, exporting this into iMovie and using the green screen or cutaway facility respectively.

iMovie does not support third party effects - you need to use Final Cut Pro X which has many built in effects and an enormous number of 3rd party effects.

Geoff.

Feb 15, 2016 11:43 AM in response to GeeD

Dear GeeD,

Thanks for your answer. I realize my question was not clear enough. What I see on the promotion film, that it is made in Imovie, because the window is almost the same as what I have. But the other buttons at the top as " adjust' and the row below that one has some extra buttons. Is it a newer update or another higher level? How to become this other Imovie with the extra buttons? My question has nothing to do what you see on the film with the sparks. Thanks for your answer in advance.

The lower print is my own Imovie. See the difference.

Mar 19, 2016 9:23 AM in response to irmafromnl

You are not missing any controls. The top example is using an earlier version of iMovie 10 (10.0.x) whereas you have 10.1 or 10.1.1. Only the user interface is slightly changed. the functionality is the same. In the earlier version one had to click on 'Adjust' to reveal the buttons below. In the latest they are permanently displayed. The leftmost of the 10 buttons on the top example is the cutaway button which will appear to the left of the 9 buttons in the latest version when you have select a clip which is placed above another clip in the timeline.

Geoff.

More effects in Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.