Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped Iphone 6. Screen fine, won't turn on

I recently dropped my Iphone 6. The screen is perfectly fine. I've researched online and people said it had something to do with the inside (battery). I've tried holding the power on button and home button simultaneously with no success. I've heard that the repairs were free if I was covered. My phone is protected under the consumer law. Does that mean I can repair it free of cost?

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:10 PM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2016 4:38 PM in response to Danny.Repairs

Is your phone detected by iTunes? If so, then it is most likely just a bad display. It is entirely possible after drop for the LCD to take a hit, but not shatter the glass. If your phone is detected by iTunes, then it can likely be solved with a screen replacement. Your best option for that is the Apple store $109.99 screen swap. If Apple is not convenient to you, find a quality independent repair shop and expect to pay more than the Apple price. A quality iPhone 6 screen at cost is about $100. Anyone selling 6 screens for less than $100 is using a lesser quality screen.

If your phone is NOT detected by iTunes and is a true no power defect, then that can be more complex--but also less likely than just a bad LCD in your case. Follow up with us if your phone is not detected by iTunes.

Feb 13, 2016 4:42 PM in response to Danny.Repairs

Danny.Repairs wrote:

I recently dropped my Iphone 6. The screen is perfectly fine. I've researched online and people said it had something to do with the inside (battery). I've tried holding the power on button and home button simultaneously with no success. I've heard that the repairs were free if I was covered. My phone is protected under the consumer law. Does that mean I can repair it free of cost?

If you take your phone to any place unauthorized for repairs and they do not do the job properly, they may damage the TouchID system. If they do, the next time you restore or update your phone, you will have a very nice brick. At that point, you will have no options with Apple.

Dropped Iphone 6. Screen fine, won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.