Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot pause music when plugged into car stereo.

I have an iPhone 5s that today started playing music automatically when I plugged it into my car's stereo system and it will not allow me to pause music. Pressing the pause button in the Music app stopped the song for a second then the song continues playing on its own. I am using a 30-pin to Lightning adapter to connect the phone to the car stereo system because no upgrade to a Lightning connector currently exists. The iPhone is running iOS 9.2.1.

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 9:15 AM

Same with iPhone 6 and IoS 9.2.1. Can't control Musik from car interface initially. I have to start with the play button on my iPhone then I can control from my car further on, until I stop music playing from car. Turning on music playing needs action on the iPhone again. APPPLE, thats not a safe hands free mode!

2 replies

Feb 15, 2016 1:24 PM in response to Buschlauf

I don't think that's the same problem I'm having.

My stereo is using an GTA Car Kit (http://www.gtacarkits.com/product/mazda-3-2009-2009-iphone-aux-kit/).

When I plug my iPhone in the music starts by its self and doesn't stop until I unplug it and pressing pause doesn't pause the music. It just keeps playing. How do I stop it from auto-playing?

I cannot pause music when plugged into car stereo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.