Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't update, so I can't restore my new phone

I upgraded to a new iPhone 6, however when I tried to restore it in itunes, it said I needed to download the new itunes. So I did that, however it doesn't appear to have changed and I still can't open my new phone in iTunes. When I checked for an update in iTunes, it said I have the latest version. How I'm I suppose to restore my phone?!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Connecting iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:11 PM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 2:15 PM in response to Sallalonde

The latest version of iTunes is 12.3.2, and requires a later version of OS X than you have listed. See these Mac Requirements. You will need to update your OS X.

Mac System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required
  • To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required
  • Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
  • Broadband Internet connection to use Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and iTunes Extras
  • Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work. Songs from the Apple Music catalog cannot be burned to a CD.

• OS X version 10.8.5 or later, Apple Music requires OS X version 10.9.5 or later
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country
  • iTunes Extras require OS X version 10.10.3 or later

iTunes won't update, so I can't restore my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.