Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud email address

Hi everyone,

I recently got the new iPhone 6s and have been in one of those tidy up modes due to it. Basically I want to change the name of my @icloud / @me email address associated with my iTunes account. I do not want to change my iTunes email just the iCloud. I have been looking online on how to do this and it all got a bit confusing where some were requesting how to change the Apple ID rather than the iCloud.

I bet this has been posted sooooooo many times to the point you're yawning at the thought of responding 😝 but any help/advice would be much appreciated 😀

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:54 PM

There is no such thing as an iCloud ID or an iTunes ID. There is iTunes and iCloud and you us an Apple ID to log into either or both of them.

If you are talking about changing the address of your iCloud email address that ends in iCloud, then you can't.

If you are talking about using a different Apple ID to log into iCloud, you can do that. All you'd need to do is sign out and sign into iCloud again with a different ID, but beware that all your date will stay associated with the old ID unless you painstakingly copy it across.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 3:54 PM in response to SamuraiPizzzaCat

There is no such thing as an iCloud ID or an iTunes ID. There is iTunes and iCloud and you us an Apple ID to log into either or both of them.

If you are talking about changing the address of your iCloud email address that ends in iCloud, then you can't.

If you are talking about using a different Apple ID to log into iCloud, you can do that. All you'd need to do is sign out and sign into iCloud again with a different ID, but beware that all your date will stay associated with the old ID unless you painstakingly copy it across.

Feb 14, 2016 1:44 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hey Winston,

thanks for the response. I am aware there is no such thing as an iTunes email address, I meant the email address used as my iTunes ID. As for the cloud email addresses with the @me and @cloud that are given to you when creating an iCloud account this is what I wanted to change.Thabk you for clarifying that you can't 🙂

Jul 24, 2016 3:01 PM in response to SamuraiPizzzaCat

Was dealing with the exact same thing today and spent a LOT of time trying to find a suitable solution as I wanted my iCloud email name to be more in line with my business name.

I decided to add my primary email account and then I got to thinking about adding signature lines, etc.

I stumbled upon a video that showed how to incorporate signature lines, etc. Within that video was an answer for me . . . I don't know if it would help you. However, you *can* select a different email account as your default instead of iCloud. It even allows you to send your favorite pics that way from your mobile device as well.

I really want to keep all of my email communications within one provider and I hope this information helps others.

Change iCloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.