Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extensions folder completely empty in MacBookPro 10.6.8

MacBook Pro 10.6.8. (7,1) My extensions folder is completely empty. How do I reinstall? Need to eliminate Extensions/Apple USBEthernetHost.kext within it even though it does not appear in that folder.Could be the problem why my Canon printer is not working? (Rollers not grabing the paper) Keep getting the message,"System extension System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update." I also got this message after doing a small upgrade to system 10.6.8 but at the time paid no attention to it. These are all the stats I can give.

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2016 11:20 PM in response to aureap

Your Mac would not boot if there were no system extensions - you are almost certainly looking in the wrong place.

This AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext issue was an update to iTunes that created a damaged file. The solution is to delete the file & install iTunes 11 again.

iTunes 11.4 for OS X 10.6

See some of the old topics from 2014 for more detail - this is the solution…

Error Re. "AppleUSBHost,kext"

Use the iTunes 11.4 link above, the one described in the post will lead you to get iTunes 12, you need 11.

This will make no difference to your printer - 'non-grabbing rollers' do not sound like a software issue at all, it sounds more like a 'dirt' or age issue, clean it & cross your fingers.

Extensions folder completely empty in MacBookPro 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.