Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime

I have an iphone 5s. I have facetime turned off but when I go to battery in settings it says that it has been used for 13 minutes. I know for a fact that I did not use it and no one else has access to my phone. How can this happen? How is it still showing as using facetime for 13 minutes when I know I have not used it and it is turned off? Thank you for any help you can give me.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:28 PM

You have FaceTime turned off ... right at this moment.

Settings > Battery shows FaceTime having been used for 13 minutes ... over some time interval that dates back from this moment.

5 replies

Feb 13, 2016 3:48 PM in response to patrish1961

First, there is not a way to remove the FaceTime app, just as you cannot remove weather, stocks, etc.

Since you owned the iPhone for 5 months, that is almost certainly longer than the time intervals you see at Settings > Battery > Battery Usage. The longest interval you see there is likely seven days. So no, the previous owner is not responsible for the 13 minutes.

You probably are responsible for those minutes while attempting to do whatever you're trying to do with FaceTime. If you were to simply ignore FaceTime while keeping it turned off in Settings > FaceTime, eventually the usage time would either go away completely or possibly show up in small increments if someone is trying to place a FaceTime call to you.

facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.