Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my Iphone 5 with iTunes without the latest version of iTunes?

My iTunes and my iPhone are logged into iphones under the same apple ID, but I can't find a way to sync them. This is because my phone, when connected with a USB, doesn't show up under devices in iTunes, and I don't know how to fix this. Also, my iTunes won't update to the latest version; whenever I try to do this I approve it restarting, and then it goes to restart but it doesn't do it all the way, and it stays on the screen with the galaxy/stars.

Also, I am trying to import music from a CD and need to sync it with the iPhone.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a possible solution.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, Macbook Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:09 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 3:13 PM in response to zoevdh98

Here is what you need to look at to get iTunes to recognize your iPhone. If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

The latest version of iTunes is 12.3.2, so you need to make sure you have that. It requires a later version of OS X, so you would need to check that, since you do not indicate it in your profile. See these requirements for the Mac.

Mac System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required
  • To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required
  • Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
  • Broadband Internet connection to use Apple Music, the iTunes Store, and iTunes Extras
  • Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work. Songs from the Apple Music catalog cannot be burned to a CD.

• OS X version 10.8.5 or later, Apple Music requires OS X version 10.9.5 or later
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country
  • iTunes Extras require OS X version 10.10.3 or later

Then, as far as importing music from CD, you would import it to iTunes, then sync to the phone.

How do I sync my Iphone 5 with iTunes without the latest version of iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.