Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am charging my iPhone 6 with samsung charger what will happen to my iPhone if am charging it other non Apple chargers

Am charging my iPhone 6 with samsung charger what will happen to my iPhone if am charging it other non Apple chargers

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:17 PM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:32 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Philly_Phan wrote:

I'm not fully conversant with the details but, from what I know, if you are not using an Apple charger AND cable, you run the risk of overcharging the phone. I suspect that the cable is the critical item but I'm not 100% certain.

No, that's not entirely correct. You must use an Apple Lightning cable, or a 3rd party Lightning cable that is certified as Made for iPhone. However, the USB power adapter can be any quality adapter that can supply at least 1 amp, and I'm sure Samsung makes quality products. The adapter only supplies power, it has nothing to do with controlling the rate of charge or completion of charge. All of that is handled by the charging circuit in the phone. The cable has 3 microcircuits in the Lightning plug that protect the phone by providing line isolation, support the reversibility of the plug, and manage digital-to-analog conversion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.