Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6:37:40;26 Is the last frame ingested in FCP7

I'll appreciate all the help I can get.

I ran my AVCHD cameras 8 1/2 straight hours expecting to do a seamless multi-cam edit in FCP7. Unfortunately, it appears to ingest the entire file, but stops about 2 hours short of the entire movie. I tried setting an "in and out" set to ingest the last part, and do it separately, but the ingestion still stopped at the same frame. This is the same on all four camera files.

I am trying to find a work-around and not have to purchase software specifically to convert the AVCHD to ProRes before bringing into FCP if I can avoid it (unless someone can recommend free software that does it). I looked at Wondershare but they want $120 to do this, and I will only need it for this one movie. (After this I can simply turn off the cameras half way thru, turn them back on, and sync clap again). No need to run all day.

I'm running my FCP7 on an older mac without upgrading the OS or connecting to the internet ~ to try to preserve it as long as possible. I too hated to throw $1000 away to "upgrade" to inferior software. I do have another mac to download software for conversion if necessary, that is up to date and connected.

Thank you!

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:56 PM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2016 6:08 PM in response to 2cute2b2smart

Use EditReady for this. AVCHD is a VERY tricky format, and FCP might have issues with really longs shots. EditReady (by divergentmedia.com) started out as an AVCHD converter. Free demo available, but that only converts the first couple minutes of a clip...BUT, it's also only $50.

And yes, if you convert to ProRes LT, FCP will be able to directly import and make a sequence with matching settings. TOTALLY workable.

6:37:40;26 Is the last frame ingested in FCP7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.