Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant print in boot camp with win 7

cant print in boot camp with win 7 anyone point me in right direction

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:01 PM

41 replies

Feb 13, 2016 8:13 PM in response to Loner T

Hi Thanks

1. HP Office Jet Plus 8600

2. Printer has an ethernet cable to the Wireless Airport Extreme

2a. Mac is has airport and ethernet cable the Wireless Airport Extreme

3 Im not sure, although I don't believe so..

Reason for this is that I do have the HP install disc.. and loaded the drivers that way

4. Yes I down loaded the latest from HP

5. Not sure , How would I determine that ( I am much more Mac minded)

When I go to print something it does make it to the Que but get an error code

when I check the Printer troubleshooter, it say there is no problem..

Thanks for any help

Feb 13, 2016 8:38 PM in response to Pandork9

In System Preferences -> Printers,

1. if you Open Print Queue can you see the queue?

2. under Options -> General -> Show Printer Web Page, can you reach the printer web page?

If the Mac is connected via Ethernet and Wireless, both, do you have Guest Networking enabled? If yes, are you connecting to the Guest Network to print?

Disconnect from Wireless (turn it off on the Mac) and try to print with an Ethernet-only connection.

Feb 14, 2016 7:59 AM in response to Pandork9

On newer Airport Extremes (the vertical ones), it is possible to set a separate network for guests, which isolates designated SSIDs from each other. If your iMac connects to one of the 'guest' SSIDs, your traffic is isolated from the rest of the network. Your Ethernet test indicates that on the wired network, printing works.

We need to look at your Extreme network setup. Do you have more than one SSID defined?

Please see

AirPort base stations: About the Guest network feature - Apple Support

AirPort Utility 6.x: Set up a guest network

for Guest networks. Please check if you have a Guest network.

Feb 14, 2016 9:09 AM in response to Pandork9

Guest network isolates the network into two separate isolated parts. If you want to print using wired and wireless presentation, you want your Macs to connect to the non-guest network. Did you enable a separate SSID for Guests?

If you know the IP address of the printer (from the utility page), can you reach the page when you disconnect from the Mac from Ethernet and only connect to WiFi. Try both, the guest and the non-guest network.

Feb 14, 2016 2:58 PM in response to Pandork9

Let us check Ethernet first. Turn off/disable your Windows Wireless connection and connect with Ethernet. In Windows CMD window, run the following two commands. Replace the printer IP with the one that you know. This should also be available from the printer console.

ipconfig

ping YourPrinterIP

and post the output. You can use Windows Snipping tool to post the output screen shot.

Do you have a single Airport Extreme in your network, or more than one?

cant print in boot camp with win 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.