Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor remains in upper left of screen despite changing batteries and receiving mouse connected icon. What else should I do? Pretty sure that throwing mouse and/or iMac are NOT the answer.

mouse not tracking

VIN,iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mouse

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 7:47 AM

Have you tried cleaning-checking the optical sensor on the underside of the mouse.

Cleaning your Apple products - Apple Support

4 replies

Feb 14, 2016 10:32 AM in response to haoleboy96789

haoleboy96789 wrote:

den.thed, It may have helped. i restarted the machine again.

You are welcome! Sometimes all it takes is a small speck of lint or a hair to foul up the mouse's optical sensor.

i fear that this iMac may be on its last legs.

Run > http://etrecheck.com/ and report back with the results.

Then if that report comes up clean, we'll have you run the > Using Apple Hardware Test - Apple Support

Cursor remains in upper left of screen despite changing batteries and receiving mouse connected icon. What else should I do? Pretty sure that throwing mouse and/or iMac are NOT the answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.