Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Media Playback and FF/RW reversed.

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.3)

iTunes 12 (Version 12.3.2)

I've been having an ongoing issue with iTunes media playback. When on normal play (not shuffled), media plays in reverse.
Example: Say I click on track 10 of "Blank" album; after track 10 finishes, it will move on to track 9, then 8, and so on.

Apart from this, the media control buttons on BOTH the iTunes App window AND physically on my MacBook's keyboard seem to be reversed.

Example: Say I'm playing track 10 of "Blank" album; should I click the FF/Next button to SKIP to the next track, it will move back to track 9. Likewise; should click the RW/Back button to GO BACK to previous track, it will move on to track 11.

Now, what is curious is that if I use the FF or RW buttons on either the App or the Keyboard to actually Fast-Forward, Rewind, or Restart (Restart in App Window Only), it will do this as it normally should.

Unfortunately, as I normally play music on my Mac in shuffle mode, I don't have any info on when the issue would have first started, but I first noticed it about 2 months ago.

I guess my question is: Dafuq? 😕

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), iTunes 12 (Version 12.3.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:34 PM

Try opening the view drop down box and expand the sort option. Ensure you're using an ascending order here. A descending order will make tracks play in reverse order.

User uploaded file

tt2

3 replies

iTunes Media Playback and FF/RW reversed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.