Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erased all my messages but still in system memory

So… My phone (iphone 5s) erased all of my text conversations but I went into my storage and it still says I have 4.4 GB of message data in my storage… I've re-booted my phone like 10 times and it hasnt been fixed. I have the latest iOS and have for at least a month, and this just started today. Please help…😕

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:46 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2016 6:50 AM in response to KJplusHD

Hi there KJplusHD,

If I understand correctly, there's an issue freeing up storage space that's related to Messages on your iPhone 5s. Since you've already tried restarting your iPhone, you should try restoring your iPhone from an iTunes or iCloud backup as described here:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If the issue persists after restoring the device from a backup, you can try restoring the iPhone and setting it up as a new device as described here:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Ciao.

erased all my messages but still in system memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.