Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMessage not working properly, asks to verify email address and I can't get verified, keeps going to Apple.com to sign in

I Have been trying to use my messages, but it seems to have malfunctioned since the 9.1 update. (I have iPad 2).i keep getting a msg. To verify my email address, says Facerime can't work without verifying email. Not trying to use Facerime, just iMessage. When I sign in then it goes to Apple.com. I sign in there and it goes to my account page. not sure how to fix. Also in settings, message setting is not signed in either. I sign in and same rhing happens, have to verify and there it goes to Apple.com. Help!!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3, IPhone 4

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 7:00 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2016 6:58 AM in response to gammyfromms

Hi there Gammy!

It sounds like you need to verify your Apple ID email address before you can sign into iMessage and, less importantly, FaceTime. You should have gotten an email when you set up the Apple ID with a link and information about verifying the account to use as an Apple ID. I would recommend taking a look at the following article to help you find the email, or re send it if needed so you can then sign into your account on your phone:

If you didn‘t receive your verification or reset email

1. Search for the email

We'll send the email from "Apple," so you can quickly search for it. If it isn't in your inbox, check your folders. If a spam filter or email rule moved the email, it might be in the Spam, Junk, Trash, Deleted Items, or Archive folder.

2. Make sure you're checking the correct email account

If you're looking for a verification email, you can sign in to your Apple ID account page and review all the email addresses you have on file, including the one that you're trying to verify. If the email address is incorrect, you can update it and send another verification email.

3. Resend the email

To resend the verification email, sign in to your Apple ID account page. Click Resend next to the email address that you want to verify, and we'll send an email to that address.

4. Make sure that you're getting email

If you're not getting any email, you might need to contact your email service provider for help. You can also use these steps to get help receiving email at OS X Mail or an iCloud email address.

5. Contact us

Go to System Status and see if Apple ID is available. If you still can't find the reset email or verification email, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

IMessage not working properly, asks to verify email address and I can't get verified, keeps going to Apple.com to sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.