Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank Black Screen from Showtime

Showtime worked fine on Apple TV (please don't ask me what version but the new one from fall 2015). Last Sunday, no Billions - blank black screen with a white line at the bottom like it's trying to load and the time line is at the bottom (without timings) but nothing. I can't even get into the app to uninstall it.

Has anyone had this problem?

Fortunately I also have Roku and Chromecast but I need it to work on my Apple TV.

BTW the message box is jumping around and threw me out three times, Apple - got an issue there too.

Apple TV (4th generation), Showtime

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 6:08 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2016 6:17 AM in response to Kate83196

Hi Kate,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, the Showtime app isn't isn't loading completely or displaying all of the current content available. Try taking a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that should help you resolve this and any other related issues with apps.

Get help with third-party apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Cheers.

Nov 12, 2016 10:35 AM in response to Kate83196

Apple TV is set to do updates automatically, and occasionally it will tweak an app. For example, the CBS app frequently doesnt update to the next day's content. A simple restart fixes that. Occasionally, Showtime, and I also found Acorn TV too, will get locked in a loop and not connect. No worries, a complete restore of your Apple TV is not necessary. Simply delete the app with the problem, then reload just that app from the App Store. You will not be asked to buy it again. Upon opening the app, one of the options will be to restore your Apple account. You may have to sign it to Apple. That's it. This has worked every time for us.

Blank Black Screen from Showtime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.