Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I downloaded Adblock yesterday, ever since then My Safari Is running like Aol dial up 20 years ago. I do uotknow how to uninstall Adblock.Don't you think that is the cause? Macbook Pro 2014 Please help me!! Thank you.

Hi, I downloaded Adblock yesterday, ever since then My Safari Is running like Aol dial up 20 years ago. I do not know how to uninstall Adblock.Don't you think that is the cause? Macbook Pro 2014 OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3 Retina 13 inch Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 34.88 GB Free of 120.11 GB I must sound stupid that I don't know how to uninstall it but I cannot even find Adblock anywhere on my computer. Please help me!!! 😟My nephew who is my personal IT guru is in Russia on vacation.Thank you so much.

greekmama1

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 7:00 AM

Please download and install EtreCheck from http://etrecheck.com/

Run it and post the report here.

11 replies

Feb 14, 2016 7:00 AM in response to greekmama1

I'm using Adblock Plus, instead of Adblock, on may 2012 Macbook Pro without noticeable performance degrade.

Anyway, you can disable or uninstall safari extensions you installed.

Select "Preferences..." from "Safari" menu, then select "Extensions" tab.

You'll see list of installed extensions on left, and selecting one of them show disable checkbox and uninstall button on right.

Feb 14, 2016 9:08 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Allan Eckert wrote:

Where is the report?

You failed to post any report here for us to analyze.

I have tried to download the file it will not work. I don't know if the file is too big but I have tried putting in my photos it still keeps giving me the same message. I have tried putting it in my notes it still won't work. I don't know what else to do. Bottom line I took adware Plus out and called my internet provider because we were having issues with connection too. So basically the computer is working so much faster now. I did a speed test and download speed is 89.84 GB I truly appreciate your help so much. You have been so helpful. I have never been here and you all are so kind. Thank you so much and Happy valentine's Day allan

Hi, I downloaded Adblock yesterday, ever since then My Safari Is running like Aol dial up 20 years ago. I do uotknow how to uninstall Adblock.Don't you think that is the cause? Macbook Pro 2014 Please help me!! Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.