Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low Memory - Apps do not add up to usage

I keep getting a low memory message. I have removed all pictures from the IPhone 6S. I have removed most apps. But Usage still indicates 55.2GB used and 200mb free. I have removed all apps that I am not using, very few apps left. And in the storage indicator my usage adds up to about 3GB. I have synced my IPhone with my computer....Nothing works!

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:23 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 8:30 PM in response to fredfromgig harbor

Do you have messages with a lot of videos in them? Do you have a lot of email messages with videos or photos stored on your device? Either of those could take up a lot of memory.

Have you tried resetting the device to see if that will free anything up? If not, then Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds - really....). Once the Slide to Unlock screen displays, check to see if the usage looks a little more in line with what you are expecting.

You can also back up your device to iCloud or iTunes, and the go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings. Set up the phone as new the first time around and see if the usage looks as is should. If it does not, then I would recommend taking it to Apple to have it looked at. If it does, then Erase it again and then restore it to the backup you just made. See if things look OK at that point. If they do not, then you may have corrupted data on your device,and you should set it up as new.

Best of luck,

GB

Low Memory - Apps do not add up to usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.