Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the google account within my mail/contacts/calendar settings doesn't sync or even shows the calendar that was successfully added

the google account within my mail/contacts/calendar settings doesn't sync or even shows the calendar that was successfully added

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 7:49 AM

Hello 10thCOMMANDMENT,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

After reading through your question, I understand that you are unable to get Gmail calendars to work on your iPod touch. When viewing your Gmail account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars do you see this screen shown below?

User uploaded file

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you enable Calendars from this screen, you should have your Gamil calendar available in the Calendar application.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2016 7:49 AM in response to 10thCOMMANDMENT

Hello 10thCOMMANDMENT,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

After reading through your question, I understand that you are unable to get Gmail calendars to work on your iPod touch. When viewing your Gmail account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars do you see this screen shown below?

User uploaded file

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you enable Calendars from this screen, you should have your Gamil calendar available in the Calendar application.

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2016 8:12 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Joe,

Yes, I Do See & Have The Option Of Turning On/Off (To Sync Or Not To Sync) All Of The Categories Listed (except for the Reminders) In The Pic Of The Gmail Account Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars That You Have Attached In Ypur Reply To My Initial Question.

I Have Them Turned On To Sync (except for the contacts, because I Use iCloud contacts); With The Received Message Of 'Account Saved Successfully'. Then, Approximayely Two Minutes Later, I Get A Pop-Up That Says "Please Re-Enter Password"; And Upon Opening That Gmail Account,

I'm Greeted With This:

User uploaded file

Thus, After I Re-Enter My Password, I Receive Another 'Successfully Saved' Message. Then, Approximayely Two Minutes Later, I Get This Final Pop-Up:

User uploaded file

Now Mind You, I Was First And Only Been Requested To RE-ENTER My PASSWORD, And iPod Touch 5th Gen. iOS 9.2.1 Response Is That I Entered The Wrong Email Address, To My Gmail Account That It Singled Out.

Feb 16, 2016 9:18 AM in response to 10thCOMMANDMENT

Thanks for replying with this information.

To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest deleting your Gmail account from the iPod touch and then adding it back. It sounds like you are doing everything correct, but simply removing the account and adding it back fresh may resolve this situation.

1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. Tap the email account.
  3. Tap Delete Account.
  4. Add your account again.

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.