Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6SPlus Restart Cycle

Recently I purchased the iPhone 6s Plus, 64GB. I have the most recent software update. I wanted to try something to have an earlier time stamp on a picture. So I went into the setting and changed the date (I don't remember the date I changed it to) , but then I restarted it and since then my phone has been on a constant restart cycle. Please help!!!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1, 64GB

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 10:15 PM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2016 8:35 AM in response to CSLATERDUE

Hi there CSLATERDUE,

It sounds like you set your time to something manually and now your phone will not boot to the Home Screen. If it was a date on or before 1970 then take a look at this article since you will need to reach out to Apple for support:

If you changed the date to May 1970 or earlier and can’t restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Manually changing the date to May 1970 or earlier can prevent your iOS device from turning on after a restart.

An upcoming software update will prevent this issue from affecting iOS devices. If you have this issue, contact Apple Support.

If not then I would force your phone to restart with the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons as outlined here:

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Let us know how that goes! Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

6SPlus Restart Cycle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.