Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Drop - mission impossible

I really wonder how this is supposed to work. I remember it worked maybe once or twice, but mostly impossible. I have iPhone 6plus (latest iOs) and MacBook Pro Retina (latest OSX), bluetooth on on both. I want to transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook, I can tap as much as I want on AirDrop icon, nothing ever happens. No response, no message, simply nothing. Why Apple makes and designs things that do not work ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 11:18 PM

11 replies

Feb 13, 2016 11:31 PM in response to savita88

Tap the icon with an arrow coming out of the box after you have selected a picture. Then tap Airdrop and if your MBP is in range it should show up as an icon on the phone. Once oh tap that the image appears in preview on the MBP via a notification. I do these steps many times when I use the Mac to answer questions on this forum

by the way swipe up from below and invoke control center. Please make sure Airdrop is not turned off.

Air Drop - mission impossible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.