Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Error Message: There was a problem connecting to the server "[MY_NAME]'s AirPort Time Capsule."

I'm trying to access my AirPort Time Capsule (APTC) so I can access old files, and perform backups.

In Finder, after I click on the APTC, I then try to "Connect As" and I get this message:

There was a problem connecting to the server "[MY_NAME]'s AirPort Time Capsule."

Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your system administrator.

System Info:

Mac OS X Lion

Version 10.7.5 (11G63)

Build, 27" iMac, Mid 2011

Grateful for some tips on how to connect to my AirPort Time Capsule.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 12:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2016 10:57 AM in response to twobob

So you have had access and it suddenly stopped working?? Or it is a new setup and has never worked?

We have had issues since Lion although if it is has been working fine then something else is going on.

What model TC is this? Actual number from the base is helpful.. A1xxx, or if it is latest tall one just say so.. it doesn't manage to have a model number.

Does it show in the airport utility?

How are you connecting to it, wireless or ethernet? The later being much the preferred for reliability.

No luck do a full factory reset and start over. No files are lost doing this.

AirPort Error Message: There was a problem connecting to the server "[MY_NAME]'s AirPort Time Capsule."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.