Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD (created with iMovie and burn with Toast) but sound not properly synchronized if watched in France

I have created a video with iMovie on a Mac computer, then burn a DVD (with TOAST) to be used with a standard DVD Player.

I have tried the DVD with an ordinary DVD Player and TV in Italy and work fine, but then I have send the DVD by post to France, but the sound it is not synchronized with the image of the recording film (and has been used on an ordinary DVD Player and TV).

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 2:46 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 12:30 PM in response to Henry72rm

You were successfully able to burn and play the DVD with iMovie and Toast. Therefore those apps did their jobs.

The problem may be with the French DVD player and/or its settings. You might suggest that

your people in France take your DVD to an electronics store that sells DVD players, and try playing

it on different machines. It may work on one of them. If it doesn't work on any of them, perhaps one

of the vendors there will have some suggestions.

You also could try extracting the audio, making sure that it's 16 bit, and then re-burning with the new audio

track inserted. Further, I have heard that audio recorded on the LP (long play) camera setting can cause

sync problems.

Good luck with this.

DVD (created with iMovie and burn with Toast) but sound not properly synchronized if watched in France

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.