Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help needed 1970

I fell for the imgur iPhone 1970 1st January ad. i desperately need my phone back.

Things i tried:

1)Got into DFU mode and attempted a restore via Itunes but the progress bar under the apple logo stopped when it was finishing and goes into reboot, the an apple logo appears with an empty bar underneath it and the progress bar won't move until my phone runs out of battery.

2)Tried draining my battery till the low charge screen stops appearing and tried charging it but to no avail ... it goes back to the empty bar that wont move.

3)Googled for a solution but i didn't know what to google and tried "Stuck on DFU recovery" but it doesn't work

I do not wish to go to an apple store to get it fix but if there is really nothing i can do at home i will have to make time for it.

Cheers,

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 2:48 AM

7 replies

Feb 14, 2016 7:40 AM in response to helpmekthx

I have 100% the same situation. I've been trying all that stuff above for 2 days, nothing happens. Last night I've left my device charging with the Apple logo and the empty bar that wont move. Again. Nothing.

Lots of people on the internet say that its quite important to cool down your iPhone and to wait some time as well. So I've drained my device and I'm going to leave it still for at least 3 hours, maybe its going to help because I really think that my iPhone is super tired from all these manipulations. I'll see how its going to be then.
Check this discussion Is there any way to fix your iPhone 6 after setting the date and time to January 1, 1970?, there are some people who fixed it.

help needed 1970

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.